Friday, September 18, 2009

Coach Calipari Update

When I come back to campus in the late afternoon, there will be some recruits in town for the big weekend in Lexington and the big game on Saturday. I'm really excited that I'll be able to have my entire team on the floor today for one hour of practice and then again for another hour tomorrow, after the football game.

Everything we do in these two sessions will relate to the Dribble Drive Motion Offense - from the drills we will be doing all year long to instilling the aggressive mentality needed to play the DDM. There won't be any real defense focused on at this point, as it's more important early on to get the players comfortable with the drills and the speed at which we do things.

But believe me - we'll get to defense once real practice starts! My teams always pride themselves on defense - always have and always will.
- Coach Calipari at 9/18/09

No comments:

Post a Comment